I’m not a person to set grand resolutions. I think that goals should morph and change over time and are something to be gradually achieved, not something to go into effect on an arbitrary date.
To that end, I do have goals, but these are more just things I hope to achieve throughout the year. If I don’t, that’s fine. If I do, fantastic! It’s all about progress and that doesn’t always mean getting things right.
Writing goals for 2020 (in no particular order):
- Finish drafting my current project by the end of January (just finished the draft before writing this!)
- Draft three novels – some world building has been done for all of these, I just have to bring it together and get a draft written.
- Revise a previously drafted story. This is specifically for one that I wrote from 2017-2018 and rediscovered not that long ago. The creative spark is back where this story is concerned and I’m hoping to do a lot with it this year.
- Write more short stories for WSS (Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company, a goodreads group).
- Write 5k per week when drafting. This seemed impossible until I did NaNoWriMo in 2019. After keeping up a pace of 2k a day, 5k per week seems reasonable.
As I said, these are things that I am working toward and hoping to achieve. Accomplishing any of them will be a big win in my book.
Do you have any writing (or other) goals for 2020?